Welcome to Axe Heads Cornwall!
We think it’s great that you want to take part in this alternative, exciting and unique Axe throwing experience.
IMPORTANT: Please take a moment to read through the below information before you sign.
A. ASSUMPTION OF RISK
1. I (or those under my Guardianship) am (are) aware that throwing an axe, as well as participating in any related activities organised by Axe Heads, exposes me to many inherent risks, dangers and hazards, including death. By engaging in any activities offered by or associated with Axe Heads, I freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, property damage or other loss. including, but not limited to disease or virus transmission.
2. I believe that I (or those under my Guardianship) am (are) physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this activity.
3. I believe that I (or those under my Guardianship) are competent, able, of the correct age and have no medical conditions that may compromise safety.
3. I understand that all applicable instruction and rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety (or those under my Guardianship) remains with me.
4. I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness for continued participation in the activity.
B. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
1. AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with the participation in the EVENT at Axe Heads even if arising from negligence or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent 1st aid operations or procedures, of the event organizer, the event venue(s) and of any persons associated therewith or participating therein; and
2. A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I (or those in my Guardianship) have or may in the future have against any person(s), entities, or organisation(s) associated in any way with the EVENT at AXE HEADS including the premises owners and lessees, promoters, sanctioning bodies, Axe throwing associations, or any subdivision thereof, premises operators, sponsors, and other participants, 1st aid personnel, event inspectors, underwriters, consultants, and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions, or engage in risk evaluation and loss control activities, regarding the EVENT at Axe Heads or event premises, or any one or more of them, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents and representatives (all of whom are collectively referred to as "the Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I (or those under my guardianship) may suffer as a result of…Cont. my (or those under my guardianship's) use of or presence at the Axe throwing premises or participation in any part of, or presence in any capacity at, the EVENT at Axe Heads, due to any cause whatsoever,
INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWNED UNDER THE RELEVANT OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT ON THE PAIZT OF THE RELEASEES; and
3. AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether to directly or indirectly from my (or those under my guardianship’s) participation in any aspect of the EVENT at Axe Heads; and
4. AN AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them by me (or those under my guardianship) or on my (or those under my guardianship's) behalf, or that my (or those under my guardianship's) estate, whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the Releasees or otherwise as stated above. 5. AN AGREEMENT that this document be governed by the laws of the Province in which the EVENT at Axe Heads occurs.